Account Manager IIat Airspace Systems, Inc. (View all jobs)
Account Manager II
About the Company:
Airspace Systems, Inc - an advanced technology company committed to the safe emergence of the drone economy - is addressing a new dimension in the world of security. Drones have a wide range of life-saving and mission-critical uses, including disaster response, firefighting, supply and medicine delivery, and locating missing persons, to name a few. In order for the drone industry to realize its full economic and social potential, airspace security must be assured.
Airspace Systems, in conjunction with the military, has developed a leading airspace security solution with tremendous potential to do real and meaningful good in the commercial and civilian sectors. As of February 2019, the company has been cleared to sell and deploy the solution for commercial use. The Airspace Galaxy security platform uses AI and advanced robotics to provide immediate detection and identification of all drones present in a large airspace, enabling a quick response to malicious UASs. The company plans to include drone mitigation – the safe removal of unauthorized and malicious drones and their operators – as part of a comprehensive solution in the near future.
Airspace exists to keep safe and secure skies open for business and social good.
Today, users for the detection and identification of drone traffic include airports, corporate and academic campuses, entertainment facilities and franchises, utilities, large commercial real estate operators and civil safety providers. To capitalize on a window of opportunity to become the leading provider of airspace security in these commercial and civil sectors, venture and strategic investors have just provided substantial additional funding to Airspace Systems. The company is seeking to quickly build a top-notch Sales team to execute on a succinct vision in a rapidly emerging market.
Location: Bay Area / Remote
We are looking for an enthusiastic, influential and effective individual to help build customer relationships, focusing on commercial sports stadiums and arenas, as well as other similar industries. You will be working with the Sales Team to find new business, maintain existing relationships, and help strategically position the product as a market leader.
- Engage prospects and connect them to our brand
- Serve as the lead point of contact for customer account matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements, vendor changes, and project work
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives, as well as assist with challenging client requests
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare and relay detection reports internally and for customers
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- 3-5 years of relevant experience of technology-based (ie. SaaS) account management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High comfort in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment selling a technology solution that is new to market
- Solid experience using CRM software
- Excellent communication, social, and presentation skills, with proven skills in conducting demonstrations
- Self motivated with a sense of urgency
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
- Located in the Bay Area or willing to travel to headquarters periodically; can travel frequently to customer meetings as required
- Friendly and fun!
Nice to have:
- Prior selling, marketing, or business experience in the UAV/UAS/drone market
- Technical knowledge in radio frequency, IT, and/or UAV communication protocols
- Experience working with the sports or athletics industry and/or a minor in Sports Management or similar degree
We have veterans from the tech titans, such as Google, Apple, Intel, and Autodesk, in our turnkey facility that houses everything from coding to manufacturing and is minutes away from our large, outdoor drone flight testing facility. You will be working from our GS&A office next to this facility. You will have access to a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches and Company events and outings. We will assign you a computer workstation and tools as needed and necessary to complete the job.
$TBD, which will be paid semi-monthly in accordance with the Company’s normal payroll procedures. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, vacation, health and wellness, and stock options are part of the package.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you are not interested or available and know of someone that may be, please feel free to pass along this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining an inclusive working environment for all employees free of discrimination and harassment. Our goal is to be a workforce that is representative of the people we serve; we do not make employment decisions based off of non-merit characteristics.